- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c. warm water
- 2 env. packaged dry yeast
- 1/2 c. lukewarm milk
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 to 5 c. flour
- Cooking oil
- Pour warm water into mixing bowl and add dry yeast, stirring
- to dissolve. Into this, stir milk, sugar, butter, eggs, salt
- and 3 1/2 cups flour; mix with spoon until smooth. Gradually
- add enough remaining flour to handle easily. Mix by hand and
- turn out to lightly floured board.
- Knead until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl and
- let rise until dough doubles. Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Break piece of dough into size desired. Stretch out and
- drop into hot oil. Fry until golden then roll in sugar.
NotesThese are great when served with jam and whip cream, but not to calorie-wise!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More