- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c. warm water
- 2 env. packaged dry yeast
- 1/2 c. lukewarm milk
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 to 5 c. flour
- Cooking oil
- Pour warm water into mixing bowl and add dry yeast, stirring
- to dissolve. Into this, stir milk, sugar, butter, eggs, salt
- and 3 1/2 cups flour; mix with spoon until smooth. Gradually
- add enough remaining flour to handle easily. Mix by hand and
- turn out to lightly floured board.
- Knead until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl and
- let rise until dough doubles. Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Break piece of dough into size desired. Stretch out and
- drop into hot oil. Fry until golden then roll in sugar.
NotesThese are great when served with jam and whip cream, but not to calorie-wise!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
My Family CookbookSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More