- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c. warm water
- 2 env. packaged dry yeast
- 1/2 c. lukewarm milk
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 to 5 c. flour
- Cooking oil
- Pour warm water into mixing bowl and add dry yeast, stirring
- to dissolve. Into this, stir milk, sugar, butter, eggs, salt
- and 3 1/2 cups flour; mix with spoon until smooth. Gradually
- add enough remaining flour to handle easily. Mix by hand and
- turn out to lightly floured board.
- Knead until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl and
- let rise until dough doubles. Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Break piece of dough into size desired. Stretch out and
- drop into hot oil. Fry until golden then roll in sugar.
NotesThese are great when served with jam and whip cream, but not to calorie-wise!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
MidLife Road Trip's
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More