- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Potato & Pear Pancakes
- 5 large potatoes, grated
- 2 ripe yet firm bosc pears, grated
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated, sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. oil for frying
- 2 tbsp. butter for frying
- sour cream for garnish
- Remove excess moisture from the grated potatoes by wrapping them in a tea towel and wringing them out.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently toss the potatoes, pears, scallions, cheese, dill, parsley, paprika,sea salt and pepper until incorporated.
- Form potato mixture into patties, each approximately 2” in diameter. In a large frying pan, heat oil and butter to a medium high temperature.
- Fry the pancakes until golden on each side and cooked through.
- Blot fried pancakes on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve with sour cream and a garnish of dill or garlic chives.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News - Fall 2009
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Decadent Desserts Made From
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More