- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Potato & Pear Pancakes
- 5 large potatoes, grated
- 2 ripe yet firm bosc pears, grated
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated, sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. oil for frying
- 2 tbsp. butter for frying
- sour cream for garnish
- Remove excess moisture from the grated potatoes by wrapping them in a tea towel and wringing them out.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently toss the potatoes, pears, scallions, cheese, dill, parsley, paprika,sea salt and pepper until incorporated.
- Form potato mixture into patties, each approximately 2” in diameter. In a large frying pan, heat oil and butter to a medium high temperature.
- Fry the pancakes until golden on each side and cooked through.
- Blot fried pancakes on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve with sour cream and a garnish of dill or garlic chives.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News - Fall 2009
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
The Social Cookbook
Short & SweetSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More