- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 7 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 5 strips bacon
- 1 c. mashed cooked potatoes
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. flour
- In large skillet, cook bacon 'til crisp. Drain on paper towels. Pour out and reserve drippings. Cool and chop bacon into 1/4" pieces.
- In medium bowl beat together potatoes, egg, salt and pepper 'til combined. Beat in 2 Tb. reserved bacon drippings. Beat in flour 'til combined. Stir in chopped bacon.
- In same skillet, heat 1 Tb. of reserved drippings over medium high heat. Using a 1/4 c. measuring cup, drop potato mixture onto hot skillet. Cook for 3-4 min. on each side or 'til scones are golden brown on both sides. Add additional bacon drippings as necessary. Drain the scones on paper towels. Serve warm.
Notes"These scones provide a wonderful use for leftover cooked potatoes. Try these scones for breakfast."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More