- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 7 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 5 strips bacon
- 1 c. mashed cooked potatoes
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. flour
- In large skillet, cook bacon 'til crisp. Drain on paper towels. Pour out and reserve drippings. Cool and chop bacon into 1/4" pieces.
- In medium bowl beat together potatoes, egg, salt and pepper 'til combined. Beat in 2 Tb. reserved bacon drippings. Beat in flour 'til combined. Stir in chopped bacon.
- In same skillet, heat 1 Tb. of reserved drippings over medium high heat. Using a 1/4 c. measuring cup, drop potato mixture onto hot skillet. Cook for 3-4 min. on each side or 'til scones are golden brown on both sides. Add additional bacon drippings as necessary. Drain the scones on paper towels. Serve warm.
Notes"These scones provide a wonderful use for leftover cooked potatoes. Try these scones for breakfast."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Food Travels Through Italy
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More