POTATO CHIP CHICKEN BAKE
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
In a large bowl combine the chicken, rice, soup, mayonnaise, onion, celery, water chestnuts, lemon juice, water, salt and pepper. Mix well. Spread this mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with cheese, then potato chips. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the potato chips are lightly browned.