- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 medium artichokes (about 3
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 c. dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. parsley springs
- 2 oz. (4 slices) Prosciutto
- ham or pepperoni
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano or 1 tsp.
- dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- With stainless steel kitchen shears, trim ends of
- artichoke leaves; trim 3/4 inch from the top. Trim stem flush with base with grapefruit spoon, remove fuzzy choke.
- Brush ends of leaves with lemon juice.
- In blender or food processor,blend bread crumbs with cheese, parsley, ham, garlic and oregano until ham is finely minced.
- Stir in olive oil.
- Sprinkle the artichokes with salt; open leaves slightly over bowl.
- Place about 2 tablespoons ham mixture in center of each artichoke.
- Sprinkle the remaining mixture into open leaves.
- Place the artichokes in a shallow, microwave safe baking dish so artichokes fit snugly.
- Pour in enough water to cover the
- bottom, about 1 cup.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap; turn back
- on corner to vent.
- Microwave on High 12 to 16 minutes, turning
- dish every 4 minutes or until heart is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes; remove plastic.
- Makes 4 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More