- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 medium artichokes (about 3
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 c. dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. parsley springs
- 2 oz. (4 slices) Prosciutto
- ham or pepperoni
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano or 1 tsp.
- dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- With stainless steel kitchen shears, trim ends of
- artichoke leaves; trim 3/4 inch from the top. Trim stem flush with base with grapefruit spoon, remove fuzzy choke.
- Brush ends of leaves with lemon juice.
- In blender or food processor,blend bread crumbs with cheese, parsley, ham, garlic and oregano until ham is finely minced.
- Stir in olive oil.
- Sprinkle the artichokes with salt; open leaves slightly over bowl.
- Place about 2 tablespoons ham mixture in center of each artichoke.
- Sprinkle the remaining mixture into open leaves.
- Place the artichokes in a shallow, microwave safe baking dish so artichokes fit snugly.
- Pour in enough water to cover the
- bottom, about 1 cup.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap; turn back
- on corner to vent.
- Microwave on High 12 to 16 minutes, turning
- dish every 4 minutes or until heart is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes; remove plastic.
- Makes 4 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More