- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
- Maple Caramel (see recipe)
- Pumpkin Custard (see recipe)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Bring 1/2 cup water, milk, butter, sugar, and salt to boil in heavy large saucepan. Stir in flour; cook over medium-high heat, stirring vigorously, until dough is smooth and pulls away from sides of pan, about 1 minute.
- Transfer hot mixture to standing mixer. Beat dough with paddle attachment at medium speed until slightly cool, about 3 minutes. Add 3 eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in egg yolk until blended.
- Spoon 16 mounds of batter about the size of large eggs onto prepared sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Beat remaining egg in small bowl to blend. Brush tops of profiteroles lightly with beaten egg.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 375°F. Continue baking until puffed and dark golden brown, about 30 minutes longer. Transfer to rack to cool completely. (Can be made 1 week ahead. Store in airtight container in freezer. Remove from freezer a few hours before continuing.)
- Rewarm caramel sauce. Using serrated knife, slice profiteroles horizontally in half. Spoon rounded 1/3 cup filling into bottom half of each profiterole. Cover with top halves. Drizzle with sauce. Spoon dollop of whipped cream atop profiteroles. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and serve. Bon Appetit
NotesThis is a bit of work, but worth every minute!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More