- Cooking Time: 10 to 12
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and allspice. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with an lectric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in the sugar.
- Add the egg; beat well.
- Stir pumpkin and flour mixture into egg mixture. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Drop the dough by rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- TO STORE:
- Place in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover.
- Store at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze unfrosted cookies up to 3 months.
- Thaw cookies, then frost.
- Transfer the cookies to wire racks; cool.
- Frost the cooled cookies with Brown Sugar Butter Frosting.
- Makes about 40 cookies.