- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder - if desired
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon *
- 1/2 cup pecans OR walnuts, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Imperial margarine, melted (OR oil)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 - 15 or 16 ounce can pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 loaf pans. (Line with parchment, if desired.) Set aside
- Stir together: flour, soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and pecans OR walnuts. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, melted margarine, sugar, and pumpkin. Gradually add dry ingredients.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans.
NotesSometimes I substitute pumpkin pie spice for part of the cinnamon.
PUMPKIN PIE SPICE SUBSTITUTE
ï¿½ 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
ï¿½ 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
ï¿½ 1/8 tsp. each ground nutmeg and ground cloves
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
The Naked MacaronSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More