- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 scones
- Preparation Time:
- Pumpkin Scones:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (if canned, be sure there are no spices or sugar added)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix together flour, sugar, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Cut butter into small pieces and cut into flour. Mixture should look like coarse crumbs. In a separate bowl mix together the pumpkin, buttermilk and vanilla. Add to flour mixture and mix until the dough comes together (don't over-mix).
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead gently 3-4 times, and then shape/pat dough into a circle about 1 1/2 inches thick. Slice in half, and then cut each half into 3 equal pie-shaped wedges. Brush with egg glaze (1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp milk), and sprinkle with Turbinado sugar.
- ( Turbinado Sugar is a dark brown fine-grained crunchy sweetener made by the concentration of sugarcane juice WITHOUT the use of any chemicals).
- Bake on a cookie sheet for @ 375° for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Optional: Add white chocolate chips and/or chopped pecans.
- Pumpkin Spice Butter:
- 1/4 cup (half a stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- Combine all and mix till creamy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More