- 1 recipe gingerbread in 9 x 9 pan
- 2 pkgs. instant pudding -- vanilla or butterscotch (or one of each)
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups milk
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. burnt sugar flavoring
- 1 container Cool Whip (12 oz?)
- Pecans, maraschino cherries (optional)
Bake gingerbread and let cool.
Cut into cubes.
Mix pudding mix and spice, whisk in milk, pumpkin and flavorings.
Layer in large glass (trifle) dish:
Gingerbread cubes, pudding mixture, whipped topping; repeat layers.
Decorate top with pecan halves and maraschino cherry halves.