- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 (15-ounce) can Pumpkin
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- Cream Cheese Topping (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan.
- 2. Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until crumbly. Add eggs, egg whites, pumpkin and carrot; beat until well blended. Add flour mixture; mix well. Spread into prepared pan. Drop teaspoonfuls of Cream Cheese Topping over batter; swirl mixture with spoon.
- 3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 4. For Cream Cheese Topping: Combine 4 ounces softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon milk in small bowl until thoroughly blended.
- Makes 48 bars.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Cooking for a CureSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More