PAD KEE MAO (THAI)
- 2 lbs. Flat wide Asian noodles/cooked
- 2 lbs. tofu-firm or extra firm/drained and sliced into 1/2 inch rectangles
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bunch sweet basil/leaves left whole
- 2 large onions/cut into small segments
- 3/4 cup of thick sweet soy sauce/enough to cover all noodles
- broccoli 3 stalks/cut into small pieces
- 6 garlic cloves/minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- cooking oil
Heat 1/2 inch of oil in pan to medium hot then, then add tofu slices and fry till brown. Drain the fried tofu on a paper towel and set aside.
Heat teaspoon of oil add garlic, hot pepper stir till garlic is lightly brown.
Add cooked noodles, add sweet sauce, stir till the noodles are covered with sauce evenly
Add broccoli, onion, and fried tofu, stir them together gently.
Add soy sauce and sugar and sweet basil.
Cover let set for five minutes. Arrange on a large platter and surround with cherry tomatoes halved