- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 3 ounces Thai-style rice noodles (pad Thai)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- 1 1 1/2 to 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/4 cup natural brown sugar
- 1/4 cup nonhydrogenated peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium tamari
- 4 ounces broccoli rabe
- 4 eggs
- Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain, return to bowl, and toss with 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil.
- 2. Place garlic and ginger in a food processor; process until minced. Add brown sugar, peanut butter, water, lime juice, and tamari; blend thoroughly.
- 3. Trim and discard tough lower stems from broccoli rabe; chop remaining rabe. Warm a large skillet and add remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Toss rabe into warm oil and cook briefly, until bright. Add noodles and distribute evenly with greens. Pour peanut sauce into skillet. Bring to a slow boil. Open eggs one at a time on top of noodle mixture. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until eggs are poached and liquid is reduced by about half, 7 to 9 minutes. Serve immediately.
- PER SERVING: 362 cal, 46% fat cal, 18g fat, 4g sat fat, 212mg chol, 14g protein, 33g carb, 2g fiber, 705mg sodium
- Recipe provided by Joanne Saltzman, author of Intuitive Cooking (Book Publishing, 2006) and founder of the School of Natural Cookery in Boulder, Colorado (www.naturalcookery.com).
- (taken from Cooking Light)
NotesThe sweet peanut sauce complements the bitter greens.
Recipe provided by Joanne Saltzman, author of Intuitive Cooking (Book Publishing, 2006) and founder of the School of Natural Cookery in Boulder, Colorado.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Get Fit With Good Food!
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More