- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces rice vermicelli
- 1 minced onion
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 pound pork
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons raw shrimp
- 6 sliced Chinese mushrooms
- 2 slivered serrano chiles
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons nam pla
- 4 beaten eggs
- handful bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Cut pork and chicken into 1" cubes. Heat oil at hottest setting.
- Fry noodles**. Leave 1/4 cup oil in wok. Lightly fry onions and garlic. Add pork and cook thoroughly. Add chicken and cook three minutes. Add shrimp, mushrooms and chilis. Reduce heat. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, lime juice vinegar and nam pla. Add to wok and simmer 3 minutes. Make hole in the center, pour in eggs, and let set before stirring to mix. Add bean sprouts. Add noodles and toss to mix thoroughly.
- If you haven't fried rice vermicelli noodles before, here are a few tips: first, put the package into a large clean grocery bag before you open it, after removing the wrapper break the block apart into handsful of strands. If you omit the grocery bag, you'll be finding little pieces of noodle all over your house. The oil must be as hot as you can get it. Take a smallish handful, toss it into the oil, and stand back. It will puff up immediately.
- Using two spatulas, top and bottom, turn it over and let the part that didn't puff up hit the oil. The immediately place the fried noodles in a very large bowl lined with paper towels. The noodles will deflate as soon as the sauce is poured over.
- Sprinkle some extra chopped chiles on this pad thai recipe for a native kick.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More