- Cooking Time: ?? 45 or more
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 60
- 1 cup white beans (can is fine)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 chicken or rabbit (!) cut into 8 serving pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2tsp. saffron threads
- 4 tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped ( I just use a can )
- 4 c chicken stock
- 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed, blanched and drained (I zap in microwave for the cheat style blanching)
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 2 1/2 cups long or medium grain rice
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined etc. (frozen Trader Joes are good)
- In paella pan, or best equivalent, large, shallow two handles, warm olive oil, season meat with salt and pepper, and brown well on all sides, 6 ish minutes per side. Remove from pan.
- Add onion, garlic, saffron and tomatoes, cook, stirring occasionally, 6- 8 minutes
- Return meat to pan, add the stock and simmer for 10 minutes. Add white and green beans, rosemary and rice, stir to mix. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, without stirring, until rice is nearly tender, about 20 minutes. Tuck the shrimp into the rice in the last five minutes of cooking. Let stand for a few minutes to let rice finish absorbing all the liquid. Garnish with lemon.
NotesFrom Williams-Sonoma -- it's pretty simple, and very tasty.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More