- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5
- 100g pasta
- Jar of basil / sun-dried tomato pesto
- Tin of tuna / chicken breast
- Sweetcorn / peas / olives
- Grated cheese
- 1. If using chicken, dice and fry on a medium heat until golden on the outside yet moist in the middle.
- 2. Boil the pasta until al dente in a pan of boiling, salted water.
- 3. Drain the pasta before returning it to the pan. Season generously with olive oil and black pepper. Add a couple of generous spoonfuls of pesto, the tin of tuna or chicken, and any further additions (sweetcorn, peas, olives).
- 4. Mix it all up over a gentle heat, serve topped with a handful of grated cheese and more black pepper.
NotesThis recipe is known the world over for its simplicity. It's a godsend on those working week nights when you're short of time and inspiration, and don't want to sink to a takeaway or beans on toast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More