- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5
- 100g pasta
- Jar of basil / sun-dried tomato pesto
- Tin of tuna / chicken breast
- Sweetcorn / peas / olives
- Grated cheese
- 1. If using chicken, dice and fry on a medium heat until golden on the outside yet moist in the middle.
- 2. Boil the pasta until al dente in a pan of boiling, salted water.
- 3. Drain the pasta before returning it to the pan. Season generously with olive oil and black pepper. Add a couple of generous spoonfuls of pesto, the tin of tuna or chicken, and any further additions (sweetcorn, peas, olives).
- 4. Mix it all up over a gentle heat, serve topped with a handful of grated cheese and more black pepper.
NotesThis recipe is known the world over for its simplicity. It's a godsend on those working week nights when you're short of time and inspiration, and don't want to sink to a takeaway or beans on toast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More