- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ½ lb beef flank steak
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 c grape seed oil
- ½ c white wine vinegar
- ½ c lemon juice
- ¼ c parsley
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- NOTE: double this recipe of you like leftovers
- Cut diamond pattern ⅛ inch deep into both sides of the beef. Place beef in shallow glass or plastic dish.
- Shake remaining ingredients in tightly covered jar.
- Pour 1 c sauce over beef.
- Cover remaining sauce. Cover and refrigerate beef, turning occasionally, at least 4 hours.
- Remove beef from sauce.
- Grill beef 4 or 5 inches from medium coals, turning and brushing with sauce once, until desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes on each side for medium.
- Cut beef diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve with reserved sauce.
- NOTE: Use extra meat to make fajitas. Yum Yum!
- Tina Turbin
NotesChimichurri sauce is a popular marinade among Argentine Gauchos (South American “cowboys,” you could call them) who grill in an open barbecue in the Pampas. I was first inspired to make this recipe at a Pampas-style steakhouse after meeting my wonderful pal, Chef Jospeh. I couldn’t believe how amazing the steak was, and I was set on recreating it in my own kitchen.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More