- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ½ lb beef flank steak
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 c grape seed oil
- ½ c white wine vinegar
- ½ c lemon juice
- ¼ c parsley
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- NOTE: double this recipe of you like leftovers
- Cut diamond pattern ⅛ inch deep into both sides of the beef. Place beef in shallow glass or plastic dish.
- Shake remaining ingredients in tightly covered jar.
- Pour 1 c sauce over beef.
- Cover remaining sauce. Cover and refrigerate beef, turning occasionally, at least 4 hours.
- Remove beef from sauce.
- Grill beef 4 or 5 inches from medium coals, turning and brushing with sauce once, until desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes on each side for medium.
- Cut beef diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve with reserved sauce.
- NOTE: Use extra meat to make fajitas. Yum Yum!
- Tina Turbin
NotesChimichurri sauce is a popular marinade among Argentine Gauchos (South American “cowboys,” you could call them) who grill in an open barbecue in the Pampas. I was first inspired to make this recipe at a Pampas-style steakhouse after meeting my wonderful pal, Chef Jospeh. I couldn’t believe how amazing the steak was, and I was set on recreating it in my own kitchen.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Taste of CenturyLink
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More