- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ C flour
- 2 t salt
- 1 t paprika
- 12 halved chicken breasts (skinned and boned)
- 1 t cornstarch
- 1 ½ C half and half
- ¼ C Sherry
- ½ pkg dry chicken broth
- 1 t grated lemon peel
- 1 T lemon juice (I use 2)
- 1 C grated Swiss cheese
- ½ C parsley, fresh chopped
- Mix the flour, salt and paprika. Coat chicken with this mixture. Lightly brown the chicken (use vegetable oil, margarine or butter) Add ¼ C water and simmer covered for 30 minutes. Arange the chicken in your fanciest in the oven to table baking dish.
- Mix the cornstarch and ¼ C of the half and half. Stir this into the drippings, cook over low heat, gradually stirring in the remaining half and half, sherry chicken broth, lemon peel and lemon juice. Cook, stirring until thickened – like gravy – pour over the chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle the cheese and parsley (which you have mixed together before hand) on top of the chicken, return to oven just until the cheese melts, about 10 minutes. Recipe can be cut in half.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More