- Cooking Time: 11 min.
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
- 1 large chicken breast
- ½ pack of regular mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large Japanese eggplant
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 ginger slices
- ½ green chili, chopped
- ½ cup ShaoXing rice wine
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chicken stock
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp regular soy sauce
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- ½ tbsp black bean sauce
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp Sriracha or Thai chili sauce
- 1. Chop eggplant into 1” pieces (can partially peel), toss in ½ tsp salt and let sit
- 2. Chop garlic, ginger, chili, set each aside
- 3. Slice mushrooms, set aside
- 4. Chop chicken into ½” pieces and marinate in ShaoXing rice wine and ginger pieces
- 5. Mix sauce together well
- 6. Heat oil and garlic in a wok
- 7. Add chicken with wine/ginger marinade and start browning
- 8. Immediately add half of sauce
- 9. Add chopped chilis and sliced mushrooms, stir-fry
- 10. Add eggplant and the rest of sauce; stir-fry
- 11. Add more dark soy sauce to taste
- 12. Add a little sesame oil to taste
- 13. Total stir-fry time: no more than 11 minutes. Taste occasionally to make sure the sauce is tasty and the chicken isn’t over done!
- Serve with white or brown rice.
NotesThis is what clears out all the frozen chicken breast from my freezer in a tasty and convenient way. I love this recipe because it's just a little bit of chopping and a quick wok-fry. You'll be done before the rice is.
This dish is great vegetarian too - firm tofu instead of chicken!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
The Italian Exchange
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More