- Cooking Time: 11 min.
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
- 1 large chicken breast
- ½ pack of regular mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large Japanese eggplant
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 ginger slices
- ½ green chili, chopped
- ½ cup ShaoXing rice wine
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chicken stock
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp regular soy sauce
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- ½ tbsp black bean sauce
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp Sriracha or Thai chili sauce
- 1. Chop eggplant into 1” pieces (can partially peel), toss in ½ tsp salt and let sit
- 2. Chop garlic, ginger, chili, set each aside
- 3. Slice mushrooms, set aside
- 4. Chop chicken into ½” pieces and marinate in ShaoXing rice wine and ginger pieces
- 5. Mix sauce together well
- 6. Heat oil and garlic in a wok
- 7. Add chicken with wine/ginger marinade and start browning
- 8. Immediately add half of sauce
- 9. Add chopped chilis and sliced mushrooms, stir-fry
- 10. Add eggplant and the rest of sauce; stir-fry
- 11. Add more dark soy sauce to taste
- 12. Add a little sesame oil to taste
- 13. Total stir-fry time: no more than 11 minutes. Taste occasionally to make sure the sauce is tasty and the chicken isn’t over done!
- Serve with white or brown rice.
NotesThis is what clears out all the frozen chicken breast from my freezer in a tasty and convenient way. I love this recipe because it's just a little bit of chopping and a quick wok-fry. You'll be done before the rice is.
This dish is great vegetarian too - firm tofu instead of chicken!
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Pineapple Banana Punch
Triple Chocolate Bundt CakeSee More