PAN CUBANO (CUBAN BREAD)
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (1/4 oz.) yeast
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 1/4 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 6-7 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- Dissolve the yeast in water and add the salt and sugar, stirring thoroughly.
- Add the flour, one cup at a time, beating in with a wooden spoon, or use the dough hook on an electric mixer on low speed. Add enough flour to make a fairly stiff dough.
- When the dough is thoroughly mixed, shape it into a ball, place in a greased bowl, grease the top. Cover with a dry, clean towel and let stand in a warm place (80-85 degrees) until doubled in bulk.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and shape into two long, French-style loaves or round Italian-style loaves. Arrange on a baking sheet heavily sprinkled with cornmeal and allow to reise 5 minutes.
- Slash the tops of the loaves in 2 or 3 places with a knife or scissors. Brush the loaves with water and place them in a cold oven. Set the oven control at hot (400 F) and place a pan of boiling water on the bottom of the oven. Bake the loaves until they are crusty and done, about 40-45 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More