- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is the recipe for the traditional rolls from the Philippines.
- 8 tsp yeast(rapid rise)
- 2 cups warm water
- 4 eggs
- 1 can evap milk
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 10 cups flour
- bread crumbs
- mix all ingredients, adding flour 2 cups at a time.
- Slam the dough ( with feeling), keep adding flour until dough doesnt stick to fingers.
- set oven at 300 for 20 sec. then turn oven off.
- Put the dough in the oven, and allow to rise for 30 minutes or until the size is doubled.
- Flatten dough with rolling pin, cut the dough into strips ~ 3" x 12"
- Place the dough in greased pan, and put in oven ( prewarmed at 300 for 20 sec) for 30 min.
- Cut dough into small pieces and roll on bread crumbs. Place them in the oven( prewarmed as before) for ~ 30 min .
- Preheat oven to 325 to bake, Place the pan in the lower rack and bake for 5 min, then transfer it to upper rack. Bake for 10 min or until brown.