- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Coarse Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3/4 Pound Fresh Asparagus Spears, trimmed
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook garlic in butter for a minute, but do not brown.
- Add asparagus, and cook for 10 minutes, turning asparagus to ensure even cooking.
- NOTE: I "Bend" the asparagus until it breaks naturally. Asparagus will break where it is most tender. That way you don't have to mess with the hard and chewy ends. You can also peel the asparagus but that takes too long.
NotesI love this buttery yummy dish so much I make it at least 4 times a week!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Delightful DessertsSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More