PAN FRIED LAMB LOIN CHOPS WITH TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA SALAD
- Servings: 4
- 8 Australian lamb loin chops, trimmed
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- oregano leaves
- olive oil
- 1 pound cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced fresh mozzarella (try the buffalo milk variety for a real treat)
- 4 radishes, very finely sliced
- 6 leaves fresh basil, torn
- TOMATO MUSTARD DRESSING
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
Grill 3-4 tomatoes until just soft and place in a blender with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar and mustard.
Pulse to combine.
In large bowl, combine tomatoes, cheese, radishes, and basil.
Toss with remaining oil and vinegar.
Season to taste and set aside.
Brush chops generously with oil and season to taste.
Cook over medium to high heat on a barbecue or grill for 2-3 minutes each side for medium rare, or until cooked as desired.
Serve chops with the salad and drizzle with tomato mustard dressing