- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cod fillets or your favorite white flakey fish fillets
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning or more or less to your taste
- Fresh lemon slices
- Pat fish dry with a paper towel. Coat fish lightly in flour and season both sides with lemon pepper seasoning.
- In a cast iron skillet or nonstick skillet add enough of the olive oil to coat the bottom of the skillet. Heat to medium high.
- Fry fish for 4 minutes or so per side or until fish is opaque and easily flakes and the seasoning is nice and brown.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon over the fish fillets for serving, if desired.
NotesWe love fish and Lemon Pepper is our favorite! We really want to add more fish into your diet because it's good for you and there is nothing like fresh fish made at home! It's so darn expensive to eat at Red Lobster, our favorite seafood place! Kroger's had cod fillets on sale this week for $5.99 a pound and I couldn't pass it up! I got 4 really big pieces that came to 2 pounds and my family had full and happy tummies! The fresh squeezed lemon on the fish when serving really topped the fish to perfection! Delish!
My next fresh fish adventure will be to try baking the fish! We love baked white fish and it is my favorite way to eat it! Lemon Pepper baked would be amazing!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More