- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large yellow onions
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup real mayo
- Terra Chips or Crudites
- Cut the onions in half, then slice into 1/8 inch thick rounds - 3 cups of onions.
- Heat the butter and oil and saute onions, cayenne, salt and pepper for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 20 more minutes until the onions are browned a carmelized.
- Place cream cheese, sour cream and mayo in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until smooth.
- Add onions and taste. Add more seasoning if needed.
- Serve at room temp
NotesThis is from the Barefoot Contessa. This is NOT your mom's dried onion soup mix dip! You'll want to dive into the bowl. It looks beautiful surrounded by those brightly colored Terra Chips.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Koken met Oma
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More