- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- 2 large yellow onions
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1. Cut the onions in half and then slice them into 1/8-inch thick half-rounds (will result in about 3 cups of onions). Heat the butter and oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions, cayenne, salt and pepper and saute for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 more minutes until the onions are browned and caramelized. Allow the onions to cool.
- 2. Place the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth. Add the onions and mix well. Serve at room temperature. Refrigerate any leftovers.
NotesHomemade French onion dip that blows store-bought dip in plastic tubs out of the water. Need I say more?
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More