- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 large yellow onions
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise (Hellman's)
- Cut the onions in half, and then slice them into 1/8-inch-thick half rounds (you will have about 3 cups of onions.)
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saute pan on medium heat. Add the onions, cayenne, salt, and pepper and saute for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 mor minutes, until the onions are browned and caramelized. Allow the onions to cool.
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat until smooth. Taste for seasonings. Serve at room temperature.
NotesA great dip, bursting with flavor! Wonderful with thick cut potato chips. Recipe courtesy of Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More