- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 large yellow onions
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise (Hellman's)
- Cut the onions in half, and then slice them into 1/8-inch-thick half rounds (you will have about 3 cups of onions.)
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saute pan on medium heat. Add the onions, cayenne, salt, and pepper and saute for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 mor minutes, until the onions are browned and caramelized. Allow the onions to cool.
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat until smooth. Taste for seasonings. Serve at room temperature.
NotesA great dip, bursting with flavor! Wonderful with thick cut potato chips. Recipe courtesy of Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More