- Cooking Time: 14
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 medium-large zucchini (or 2 small)
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn meal
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut oil (or other high heat tolerant oil) for frying
- Pizza sauce or ranch dip for dipping
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and then slice into sticks. The thinner your sticks, the crispier they will be.
- Put the zucchini sticks and 2 Tbsp flour in a gallon size ziplock bag and shake to coat.
- Set up your breading station by cracking your egg into a bowl and whisking it with the pressed garlic.
- In a second bowl, mix flour, corn meal, oregano and red pepper together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Set up your frying pan by melting about 2 Tbsp of coconut oil in the bottom of a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- One or two sticks at a time, dip the zucchini into the egg and then transfer to the flour bowl. Spoon more breading over the top. Shake off excess and transfer to frying pan.
- Fry zucchini sticks about 7 minutes on each side. When done, transfer to a paper towel lined plate to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with ranch dip or pizza sauce for dipping
NotesThis is a great way to use up garden fresh zucchini or left over farmer's market bounty. Check out my other recipes to see a lighter baked version.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More