- Cooking Time: 14
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 medium-large zucchini (or 2 small)
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn meal
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut oil (or other high heat tolerant oil) for frying
- Pizza sauce or ranch dip for dipping
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and then slice into sticks. The thinner your sticks, the crispier they will be.
- Put the zucchini sticks and 2 Tbsp flour in a gallon size ziplock bag and shake to coat.
- Set up your breading station by cracking your egg into a bowl and whisking it with the pressed garlic.
- In a second bowl, mix flour, corn meal, oregano and red pepper together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Set up your frying pan by melting about 2 Tbsp of coconut oil in the bottom of a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- One or two sticks at a time, dip the zucchini into the egg and then transfer to the flour bowl. Spoon more breading over the top. Shake off excess and transfer to frying pan.
- Fry zucchini sticks about 7 minutes on each side. When done, transfer to a paper towel lined plate to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with ranch dip or pizza sauce for dipping
NotesThis is a great way to use up garden fresh zucchini or left over farmer's market bounty. Check out my other recipes to see a lighter baked version.
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More