- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- sesame seeds
- Marinade the tuna in soy, mirin, honey and wasabi for about an hour.
- Coat it with sesame seeds.
- Sear for 15 to 30 seconds per side or to desired temperature.
- Remove to rack and rest for 3 minutes.
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap to achieve carry over cooking.
- Slice thinly and serve with the dipping sauce.
NotesThis dish is inspired by Alton Brown's Chimney Tuna Loin. But I did not go through the trouble of building the chimney for this :) and opt for the simpler way out instead -- an extremely hot pan. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Oreo Cookie Balls
Crispy Chicken Strips
Star Anise Spice CakeSee More