- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- sesame seeds
- Marinade the tuna in soy, mirin, honey and wasabi for about an hour.
- Coat it with sesame seeds.
- Sear for 15 to 30 seconds per side or to desired temperature.
- Remove to rack and rest for 3 minutes.
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap to achieve carry over cooking.
- Slice thinly and serve with the dipping sauce.
NotesThis dish is inspired by Alton Brown's Chimney Tuna Loin. But I did not go through the trouble of building the chimney for this :) and opt for the simpler way out instead -- an extremely hot pan. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
The Social CookbookSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More