- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- sesame seeds
- Marinade the tuna in soy, mirin, honey and wasabi for about an hour.
- Coat it with sesame seeds.
- Sear for 15 to 30 seconds per side or to desired temperature.
- Remove to rack and rest for 3 minutes.
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap to achieve carry over cooking.
- Slice thinly and serve with the dipping sauce.
NotesThis dish is inspired by Alton Brown's Chimney Tuna Loin. But I did not go through the trouble of building the chimney for this :) and opt for the simpler way out instead -- an extremely hot pan. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Foodie BabySee More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More