- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For Tartar Sauce: 1/2 c. mayo
- 2 Tbls. fresh lemon juice
- 2 dill pickle spears, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- For Fish: 4 6-8 oz. fresh cod or haddock filets
- 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. cornmeal
- 1 Tbls. kosher salt
- 1/2 Tbls. fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
- For Sandwiches: aruglula or baby spinach
- crusty artisan bread
- Prepare tartar sauce by adding all ingredients to a food processor and pulsing until combined.
- Prepare fish coating with three shallow dishes: Beat egg in one dish, add flour to second dish, mix remaining ingredients in third dish.
- Dredge filets in flour, then egg, then crumb mixture and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan.
- Add filets to hot pan and cook until browned on each side, about 4 minutes a side.
- Slice bread lengthwise, spread each side with tartar sauce and top with a layer of greens and fish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Get Cookin'See More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce