- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For Tartar Sauce: 1/2 c. mayo
- 2 Tbls. fresh lemon juice
- 2 dill pickle spears, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- For Fish: 4 6-8 oz. fresh cod or haddock filets
- 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. cornmeal
- 1 Tbls. kosher salt
- 1/2 Tbls. fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
- For Sandwiches: aruglula or baby spinach
- crusty artisan bread
- Prepare tartar sauce by adding all ingredients to a food processor and pulsing until combined.
- Prepare fish coating with three shallow dishes: Beat egg in one dish, add flour to second dish, mix remaining ingredients in third dish.
- Dredge filets in flour, then egg, then crumb mixture and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan.
- Add filets to hot pan and cook until browned on each side, about 4 minutes a side.
- Slice bread lengthwise, spread each side with tartar sauce and top with a layer of greens and fish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More