- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 lb (750 g) extra-large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/4 tsp each: salt + freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce, finely; chopped
- 2 tsp adobo sauce
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Toss shrimp with salt, pepper and granulated sugar in medium bowl.
- In small bowl, combine chili, adobo sauce, brown sugar, lime or lemon juice and coriander.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over high heat until smoking.
- Add half of shrimp in single layer; cook until edges turn pink, about 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Using tongs, flip each shrimp; let stand until just the centre is opaque, about 30 seconds. Transfer to large plate.
- Repeat with remaining oil and shrimp.
- Return first batch of shrimp to skillet; stir in chili mixture.
- Off heat, cover skillet; let stand until shrimp are cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes.
NotesKimball notes you will have 21 to 25 shrimp; buy extra-large, not tiger. He recommends a non-stick skillet for this deliciously simple dish. Chipotle chilis in adobo sauce are found canned in most supermarkets and stores featuring Mexican or South American food. Serve with pasta and salad.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce