PAN-SEARED SHRIMP WITH CHIPOTLE-LIME GLAZE
Pan-seared Shrimp With Chipotle-lime Glaze
- Servings: 4
- 1-1/2 lb (750 g) extra-large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/4 tsp each: salt + freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce, finely; chopped
- 2 tsp adobo sauce
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
Toss shrimp with salt, pepper and granulated sugar in medium bowl.
In small bowl, combine chili, adobo sauce, brown sugar, lime or lemon juice and coriander.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over high heat until smoking.
Add half of shrimp in single layer; cook until edges turn pink, about 1 minute.
Remove skillet from heat.
Using tongs, flip each shrimp; let stand until just the centre is opaque, about 30 seconds. Transfer to large plate.
Repeat with remaining oil and shrimp.
Return first batch of shrimp to skillet; stir in chili mixture.
Off heat, cover skillet; let stand until shrimp are cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes.