- Cooking Time: 18-22
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryThe taste of a pancake, with the texture of a souffle, in the body of a muffin!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 10-1/2 oz. (2-1/3 cups) all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 oz. (1 cup plus 2 TBSP) cake flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (if desired)
- 6 large eggs, separated and at room temperature
- 3/4 tsp.cream of tartar
- 6 TBSP unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 6 TBSP granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3-1/3 cups buttermilk, at room temperature
- Confectioners’ sugar, for sprinkling
- STRAWBERRY MAPLE SYRUP:
- 1 1/2 c pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 c strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Generously spray two 12-cup muffin pans with the cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large, clean mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until firm peaks form, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg yolks with the mixer on medium-high speed until light yellow and thick ribbons form, about 6 minutes.
- Add the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla; mix on medium-low speed until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add one-third of the dry ingredients and mix on low speed.
- Add one-third of the buttermilk and mix to combine.
- Alternate adding the remaining dry ingredients and buttermilk, ending with the buttermilk and mixing until just combined.
- With a large rubber spatula, gently fold the whites into the batter, leaving some streaks.
- Scoop about 1/2 cup of the batter into each muffin cup—you can fill the cups to the rims.
- Bake until browned on top and puffed, and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out dry, about 18-22 minutes.
- (Note the tops of the muffins will deflate slightly.)
- Pour the maple syrup into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Prepare the strawberries and put them into a glass bowl.
- Pour the syrup over the strawberries and set in a warm place until ready to use.
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Heart Healthy Recipes from The HUB at UW-MilwaukeeSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More