PANCAKES WITH BLUBERRY SAUCE
Pancakes with Bluberry Sauce
- Pancake Ingredients:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- Blueberry Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup Ameratto
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
1. In a bowl, mix the flour and baking powder.
2. In another bowl, mix the egg yolks, buttermilk, maple syrup and vanilla for one minute with a beater. Add the dry ingredients and beat until the mixture is well mixed.
3. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until the formation of soft peaks. Use a spatula to fold the egg whites into the batter.
4. Heat a non-adhesive skillet on medium heat. Brush with butter. Pour 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake. Spread the batter in the shape of a disk of about 6 inches. Cook each side for 1 to 2 minutes or until they are nicely browned. Set aside in a warm oven.
Blueberry Sauce Directions:
1. In a pot, mix all the ingredients.
2. Bring to a boil and simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes.
3. Let cool to a lukewarm temperature.