- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Pancake Ingredients:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- Blueberry Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup Ameratto
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pancake Directions:
- 1. In a bowl, mix the flour and baking powder.
- 2. In another bowl, mix the egg yolks, buttermilk, maple syrup and vanilla for one minute with a beater. Add the dry ingredients and beat until the mixture is well mixed.
- 3. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until the formation of soft peaks. Use a spatula to fold the egg whites into the batter.
- 4. Heat a non-adhesive skillet on medium heat. Brush with butter. Pour 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake. Spread the batter in the shape of a disk of about 6 inches. Cook each side for 1 to 2 minutes or until they are nicely browned. Set aside in a warm oven.
- Blueberry Sauce Directions:
- 1. In a pot, mix all the ingredients.
- 2. Bring to a boil and simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 3. Let cool to a lukewarm temperature.
NotesI made these last weekend, when my camera was in Nova Scotia with my daughter. So there is no picture of what I made. However, there is one on the food network page. In watching Ricardo make these I thought I would give them a try. I did find this batter to be very thick, so they took longer to cook. The pancake was good when first made, though I left some in the oven to keep warm for Dan and they we not as good then. The blueberry sauce was really good. I would make it again for my pancakes as well as a sauce for ice cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More