- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Pancake Ingredients:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- Blueberry Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup Ameratto
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pancake Directions:
- 1. In a bowl, mix the flour and baking powder.
- 2. In another bowl, mix the egg yolks, buttermilk, maple syrup and vanilla for one minute with a beater. Add the dry ingredients and beat until the mixture is well mixed.
- 3. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until the formation of soft peaks. Use a spatula to fold the egg whites into the batter.
- 4. Heat a non-adhesive skillet on medium heat. Brush with butter. Pour 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake. Spread the batter in the shape of a disk of about 6 inches. Cook each side for 1 to 2 minutes or until they are nicely browned. Set aside in a warm oven.
- Blueberry Sauce Directions:
- 1. In a pot, mix all the ingredients.
- 2. Bring to a boil and simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 3. Let cool to a lukewarm temperature.
NotesI made these last weekend, when my camera was in Nova Scotia with my daughter. So there is no picture of what I made. However, there is one on the food network page. In watching Ricardo make these I thought I would give them a try. I did find this batter to be very thick, so they took longer to cook. The pancake was good when first made, though I left some in the oven to keep warm for Dan and they we not as good then. The blueberry sauce was really good. I would make it again for my pancakes as well as a sauce for ice cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Lau Family Recipes
Short & SweetSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More