- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup whole-ground buckwheat flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat an oven to 200°F.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs on medium speed until frothy.
- Add the all-purpose and buckwheat flours, 3 Tbs. of the sugar, the baking powder, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, butter and vanilla and stir just until smooth.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat.
- Lightly grease the griddle with oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a batter dispenser, dispense the batter onto the griddle.
- Cook until bubbles form on top of the pancakes and the batter is set, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook until golden brown on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while cooking the remaining pancakes.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the blueberries, the remaining 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. sugar, the lemon zest and 1/2 cup water and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cornstarch, 1 Tbs. water and the lemon juice.
- Add to the berries and stir until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the warm blueberry sauce over the pancakes.
NotesThis pancake batter combines all-purpose flour with buckwheat flour, a dark flour that has a nutty, slightly sweet flavor and firm texture. A warm sauce made from fresh blueberries adds the perfect finishing touch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
MetroCooking DC 2013
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More