- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup whole-ground buckwheat flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat an oven to 200°F.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs on medium speed until frothy.
- Add the all-purpose and buckwheat flours, 3 Tbs. of the sugar, the baking powder, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, butter and vanilla and stir just until smooth.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat.
- Lightly grease the griddle with oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a batter dispenser, dispense the batter onto the griddle.
- Cook until bubbles form on top of the pancakes and the batter is set, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook until golden brown on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while cooking the remaining pancakes.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the blueberries, the remaining 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. sugar, the lemon zest and 1/2 cup water and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cornstarch, 1 Tbs. water and the lemon juice.
- Add to the berries and stir until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the warm blueberry sauce over the pancakes.
NotesThis pancake batter combines all-purpose flour with buckwheat flour, a dark flour that has a nutty, slightly sweet flavor and firm texture. A warm sauce made from fresh blueberries adds the perfect finishing touch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More