- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (I used dried, && just a sprinkling)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated Romano (we bought some grated Parma-Reggiano cheese, & I just ran 1/2 cup through my Cuisinart chopper)
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey, preferably dark meat
- 10 ounces sliced pancetta, about 10 slices (next time, I'll have the deli guy slice it thinner)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, parsley, eggs, milk, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Add the turkey and gently stir to combine, being careful not to overwork the meat.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, lay out the pancetta, overlapping the slices, into a large rectangle shape.
- In the middle of the rectangle, place the turkey mixture, shaping into a loaf.
- Using the parchment paper, wrap the pancetta up and around the turkey loaf to cover completely. Squeeze the parchment-covered loaf with your hands to secure the pancetta and solidify the shape of the loaf.
- While still covered in parchment, bake the loaf until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
NotesI was watching Everyday Italian & Giada was making this meatloaf recipe with turkey &&& it looked soo good. I went to the store, picked up the remaining ingredients (we always have sundried tomatoes in the house) and whipped it up on Sun. Alan loved it && I loved that he loved it. It's definitely a keeper && really low in fat. Thought I'd share!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More