- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (I used dried, && just a sprinkling)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated Romano (we bought some grated Parma-Reggiano cheese, & I just ran 1/2 cup through my Cuisinart chopper)
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey, preferably dark meat
- 10 ounces sliced pancetta, about 10 slices (next time, I'll have the deli guy slice it thinner)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, parsley, eggs, milk, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Add the turkey and gently stir to combine, being careful not to overwork the meat.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, lay out the pancetta, overlapping the slices, into a large rectangle shape.
- In the middle of the rectangle, place the turkey mixture, shaping into a loaf.
- Using the parchment paper, wrap the pancetta up and around the turkey loaf to cover completely. Squeeze the parchment-covered loaf with your hands to secure the pancetta and solidify the shape of the loaf.
- While still covered in parchment, bake the loaf until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
NotesI was watching Everyday Italian & Giada was making this meatloaf recipe with turkey &&& it looked soo good. I went to the store, picked up the remaining ingredients (we always have sundried tomatoes in the house) and whipped it up on Sun. Alan loved it && I loved that he loved it. It's definitely a keeper && really low in fat. Thought I'd share!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More