- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 1-4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing mixed with 2 T. of a creamy style horseradish sauce
- Several slices pancetta, fried and crumbled
- Tiny golden potatoes, boiled with or without skins and kept HOT
- Several chopped medjool dates
- Torn buffalo mozzarella
- Fresh shaved parmesan
- Croutons (freshly made if possible)
- Tender salad greens, and romaine lettuce torn for individual bowls.
- All amounts are subject to personal taste.
- Prepare tender salad leaves in a bowl.
- Mix together ranch dressing with the tablespoons of horseradish sauce.
- Warm the dressing mixture.
- Fry a few slices of pancetta and break it up (like bacon).
- Boil some tiny golden potatoes and keep HOT.
- Chop a few medjool dates, tear up some buffalo mozzarella, shave some fresh parmesan.
- Add all the above to the salad greens, working quickly so it can be served warm.
- Toss lightly with the prepared horseradish dressing.
- Throw on a few croutons.
- Serve immediately.
- Optional additions: tiny roma tomatoes
NotesMy husband and I took a cruise of the Mediterranean last summer and we found we loved pancetta, the exquisite mozzarella, and all the delicious food offerings. We've been trying to incorporate foods we tried into our family dishes and I came up with this recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More