Pancit Bihon (filipino)
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 pkg Excellent brand "rice stick special bihon" noodles, soaked in hot water
Silver Swan or Lauriat soy sauce
1 cup water
carrots - sliced in match stick
celery - sliced thin on bias
sugar snap peas
2 cups sliced cabbage
beef - small cubed or bite sized pieces
pork - small cubed or bite sized pieces
chicken - small cubed or bite sized pieces
shrimp - about a half cup, deshelled and deveined
2-3 cloves chopped garlic
1 medium to large chopped onion
1 cube chicken buillion - prefer Knorr brand from asian market (about an 1'' long)
2-3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1. Heat large wok with about 2-3 tablespoons of cooking oil (veggie, corn, canola will do)
2. Add chopped garlic and onions to the pot - cook til translucent.
3. Add all meats except shrimp and cook til heated through.
4. Season meats with garlic salt, black pepper, chicken buillion cube
5. Add veggies, shrimp, water and soy sauce (I start pouring and count to 3, then stop.) Let simmer till shrimp is pink and cooked through.
6. Add soaked noodles
7. Toss until heated through.
8. Place on platter and add sliced egg on top for presentation.
9. Serve with lemon or calamansi (philippine lemon)