PANCIT GUISADO (SAUTééD VEGETABLE WITH NOODLES)
- 10 dried Chinese mushrooms
- (soaked in warm water 1 hour or longer)
- 3 cups reserved broth
- 1 cup cabbage, cut julienne-style and cut a gain in half
- 1/2 pound pork, boiled and cut into 1/8-by-1/8-inch strips
- 1 cup carrots, cut julienne-style and cut again in half
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- I cup quartered onion
- I teaspoon sesame oil
- I tablespoon peppercorns
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 pound rice stick noodles
- 2 cups cooked flaked chicken
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1/2 pound shrimps, shelled and de-veined
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup finely cut scallions
- 4 tablespoons com or vegetable oil
- 6 lemon wedges
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced crosswise
- 1 cup Chinese dried pork sausage
- (cut crosswise into 1/8 -inch slices)
- soy sauce and pepper to taste
1. Drain mushrooms well and squeeze to extract most of the excess water chop and set aside.
2. Boil pork in a mixture of 5 cups water, bay leaves onion and peppercorns.
When pork is tender, remove and cut into 1/8-by-1/8-inch strips.
Set aside and save the broth.
3. Blanch rice stick noodles.
Strain noodles and set aside.
4. In a wok or large saucepan, sauté garlic and onions in oil till transparent.
Stir in Chinese sausage.
Bring to a boil and add the 3 cups of reserved broth.
5. Add cabbage, carrots, 1/4 cup scallions and coriander and cook till done.
Add noodles and sesame oil.
Cook for 10 minutes.
6. Stir in snow peas, pork, mushrooms chicken and shrimps.
Cook for 3 more minutes over low heat.
7. Arrange on a large serving platter, sprinkle with 1/2 cup scallions and garnish with lemon wedges and sliced eggs.
Add soy sauce and pepper to taste.