- Cooking Time: 35 to 40
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 TB water
- 3/4 cup sun-dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 lb granny smith apples
- 6 1-inch slices panettone
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add brown sugar and water until combined. Spread this mixture over the bottom of a 9x13 inch glass baking dish. Whisk together the milk, cream, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon, set aside. Peel, core and slice the apples into 1/4 inch thick slices. Heat remaining butter over medium heat. Add apples and saute for 8 to 10 minutes, until apples are cooked but not mushy. Spread the apples over the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle the cranberries over the apples. Cover the apples with the panettone slices. Pour the egg and cream mixture over the panettone, coating all of the slices. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat over to 350°F. Bake the French toast uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes until lightly golden. Spoon the apples over the French Toast when serving.
NotesI love Panettone and you can almost always find it at TJ Maxx, Ross etc. for a reduced price.
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
SPOOKY HALLOWEEN TREE
Slow Cooker Beans
Sugar-Free Blackberry White Chocolate Ice CreamSee More