- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 2-1/4 cups ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 fresh beef brisket (not corned beef) 5-7 lbs trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat.
- Remove 2 cups sauce to a bowl; cover and refrigerate for serving.
- Place brisket in a shallow roasting pan; brush with Liquid Smoke if desired.
- Pour remaining sauce over meat.
- Cover and bake at 325 for 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat reserved sauce.
- Thinly slice meat across the grain.
- Serve sauce with meat.
NotesFixed this for dinner tonight. The sauce is really good. It makes a lot. It's very easy to make, too. I got this from my latest TOH magazine.