PANHANDLE BEEF BRISKET
- Servings: 16
- 2-1/4 cups ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 fresh beef brisket (not corned beef) 5-7 lbs trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients.
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from the heat.
Remove 2 cups sauce to a bowl; cover and refrigerate for serving.
Place brisket in a shallow roasting pan; brush with Liquid Smoke if desired.
Pour remaining sauce over meat.
Cover and bake at 325 for 3 hours or until meat is tender.
Let stand for 5 minutes.
Heat reserved sauce.
Thinly slice meat across the grain.
Serve sauce with meat.