- Cooking Time: 2
- Servings: 4–6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 ciabatta rolls (4" x 4")
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp coarse black pepper
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced in 1” cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into julienne
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 oz fresh basil chiffonade**
- 1 oz fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves diced and sautéed
- 5 cups cleaned baby arugula
- Cut bread lengthwise into 4" x 2" strips and place them on a hot grill.
- Mark both sides of the bread.
- Stir the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper to emulsify.
- Mix the bread, tomatoes, onion, zucchini, basil, parsley and garlic.
- Add the arugula gently, add the dressing and serve on a chilled serving plate.
Notes*PANZANELLA [pahn-zah-NEHL-lah] - An Italian bread salad made with onions, tomatoes, basil, olive oil, vinegar and seasonings and chunks of bread. Some versions also include cucumbers, anchovies and/or peppers.
**CHIFFONADE [shihf-uh-NAHD, shihf-uh-NAYD] - Literally translated, this French phrase means "made of rags." Culinarily, it refers to thin strips or shreds of vegetables (classically, sorrel and lettuce), either lightly sautéed or used raw to garnish soups.