- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs of your favorite tomatoes, chop and drain excess liquid
- chopped garlic (as much or as little as you like - 2 tsp)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium sized cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar (or you can substitute lemon juice)
- chopped basil leaves
- +/- chopped good quality olives (if you like)
- Mix together and let stand covered in the refrigerator while you make the croutons.
NotesThis is a great appetizer or side dish. Panzanella is a traditional Italian dish that is great with in-season heirloom tomatoes from your local farmers' markets. Inspired by Angeli Caffe (Evan Kleiman's restaurant in Los Angeles does a fabulous one when the heirloom tomatoes are in season!). Once again, I'm not very good with exact measurements because I like to experiment.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More