- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 1 pound stale bread
- 3 tomatoes, cut into 8ths
- 2 red onions, thinly slices
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced chunky
- Olive oil
- Soak the sliced stale bread in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out the water and crumble the bread into a serving bowl.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, onions and basil.
- Season will olive oil and salt.
- Mix well and let sit.
- Before serving, add vinegar and mix again.
- Serve with olive oil, vinegar, and salt on the side.
NotesTuscan bread is made without salt and goes stale quickly. There are many recipes using stale bread. Nothing is wasted in Tuscany.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More