- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 1/2 cups pitted and chopped sour cherries
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring (optional: I never use it)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 6-ounce bottle pectin
- Measure the prepared cherries into a large, heavy kettle. Add the
- sugar and stir well. Place over high heat and, stirring constantly,
- bring quickly to a full boil, with bubbles over the entire surface.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the pectin. Boil hard for 1
- minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and add the
- pectin. Skim off any foam. Ladle into 8 hot half-pint jars.
- Seal, then process for 4 minutes in a hot water bath, counting
- the time from when the water comes again to a rolling boil after
- immersing the jars.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More