- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 1/2 cups pitted and chopped sour cherries
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring (optional: I never use it)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 6-ounce bottle pectin
- Measure the prepared cherries into a large, heavy kettle. Add the
- sugar and stir well. Place over high heat and, stirring constantly,
- bring quickly to a full boil, with bubbles over the entire surface.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the pectin. Boil hard for 1
- minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and add the
- pectin. Skim off any foam. Ladle into 8 hot half-pint jars.
- Seal, then process for 4 minutes in a hot water bath, counting
- the time from when the water comes again to a rolling boil after
- immersing the jars.
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More