- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 1/2 cups pitted and chopped sour cherries
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring (optional: I never use it)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 6-ounce bottle pectin
- Measure the prepared cherries into a large, heavy kettle. Add the
- sugar and stir well. Place over high heat and, stirring constantly,
- bring quickly to a full boil, with bubbles over the entire surface.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the pectin. Boil hard for 1
- minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and add the
- pectin. Skim off any foam. Ladle into 8 hot half-pint jars.
- Seal, then process for 4 minutes in a hot water bath, counting
- the time from when the water comes again to a rolling boil after
- immersing the jars.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
My Family CookbookSee More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More