- Cooking Time: 360
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 60
- THIS IS A TWO DAY PROCESS - ONE HUUUUUUUUGE STOCK POT........
- 4 split chicken breasts - bone in with skin
- 1/2 bag baby carrots (hold on to other half -you need it later)
- 1 onion - skin and everything - cut into fourths
- 5 celery stalks - include leaves
- 4 - 5 boxes chicken broth (the large boxes)
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. pepper
- *** you can now clean out your fridge - any leftover veggies or anything you want to add - you are only making the stock now and will strain everything later***
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. chopped onion flakes
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 6-8 large potatoes cut into fourths so the size is fairly large
- Remaining half of baby carrots - or more if you'd like
- 3-4 celery stalks cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- ****optional - 3/4 C quick cooking Barley - if you add this, you must add this first and cook for 20 minutes BEFORE adding the veggies****
- FOR THE STOCK:
- PUT EVERYTHING IN A STOCK POT - BRING TO A BOIL - THEN SIMMER FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS......After cooling, remove chicken breasts and put aside. Strain the remainder and put back in stock pot. Remover chicken from bone and cut into bite size pieces. Put back into strained stock. Place in refrigerator overnight.
- FOR THE MEATBALLS:
- ****If you are a true armenian, you can taste the raw meat to make sure it has enough salt and parmesan cheese :-) ****
- ****P.S....Papa Nick's meatballs for sauce recipe is IDENTICAL - EXCEPT omit onion flakes and add 2 tsp. of minced garlic....Roll and fry until not pink in middle - then add to sauce.
- Combine and mix well....form into marble sized meatballs. Get the kids to help with this - it takes forever.....Place raw meatballs aside.
- Get stock pot out. Remove layer of fat from top. Bring back to boil and lower to simmer - taste and make sure it has enough salt/pepper to your taste....I didn't put salt on top ingredients because chicken broth generally has enough, but you may want to add more.
- FINAL STEPS:
- Put veggies into soup/chicken. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add meatballs - bring to a boil and then lower to simmer. The meatballs are totally cooked once they rise to the top but then allow to simmer for about 20 more minutes. Stir occasionally.
- **********Once you add all the veggies and meatballs you may need to add another box of stock so you many want to have it on hand.
- MAKE A LOAF OF HOMEMADE BREAD AND ENJOY!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More