- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryThe large papaya makes a beautiful presentation mode for these tropical treats. I love the versatility of this recipe - you can really use any fruits you like and any fun toppings that tantalize your palette!
- 1 large papaya
- 3 cups banana slices
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 lime
- Optional: any other fruit you like (pineapple, grapes, berries, etc)
- Optional: any other garnishes you like (shredded coconut, lime zest, mint leaves, etc)
- 1. Wash the papaya then cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds. You can discard them, or save them for another recipe (Papaya Seed Dressing)
- 2. Slice bananas and place half in each of the papayas. Dice up the avocado and again divide between the two papaya boats. Do this with any fruit you want to add to your papaya boat.
- 3. Sprinkle raisins and flax seeds over each boat. Squeeze one half of a lime on each boat.
- 4. Garnish as desired with any additional toppings. I like about 1 Tbs of fresh shredded coconut, as it is just enough to provide beautifying fats.
- The avocado makes it rich enough to be a light lunch; skip the avocado if you want a fresh side dish.
- Enjoy this good-for-your-skin treat!