- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 piece(s) Eggplant
- 1/4 cup(s) Olive oil
- 1 piece(s) Onion
- 2 clove(s) Garlic
- 1/2 pound(s) Beef mince
- 1 cup(s) Tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) Tomato paste
- Salt, pepper to taste.
- 3 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 5 tablespoon(s) Flour
- 4 cup(s) Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Freshly grated mutmeg
- 1 piece(s) Egg
- 1/2 cup(s) Kefalotyri cheese»
- 1. Preheat oven to 340 F . Line a baking dish and spread with olive oil.
- 2. Halve the eggplant lengthways and scoop out the flesh.
- 3. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the eggplant halves, skin side down, until wilted and slightly brown. Turn other side , until brown.
- 4. Remove and drain on kitchen paper. Place cut side up in the baking dish.
- 5. Using the same frying pan add the remaining olive oil. Frying the onion, garlic over low heat . Add the beef mince stirring frequently to brown well. Add the tomato, paste, salt an pepper. Mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Bechamel: 1. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir for 2 minutes. Pour in the milk, whisking continuously until the mixture is thick and smooth, add the nutmeg, egg and cheese.2. Spoon the meat mixture equally between eggplant halves. Pour over the bechamel and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the tops are golden.»
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Short & Sweet
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More