- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb red bell peppers
- 2 oz. chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp allspice berries
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 tsp. salt or to taste
- 2 tomatoes blanched, peeled, seeds removed, lightly chopped
- 1/3 tsp. sugar or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 4 oz. vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut red bell peppers in half.
- Remove all seeds and white ribs.
- Cut into small squares.
- Place in a large stock pot.
- Add chicken broth and vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt, sugar, garlic and a sachet with allspice berries, bay leaf and cloves.
- Add tomatoes.
- Cover and braise in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove and press through a sieve or a food mill.
- Bring to a boil again, taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Place in a covered bowl and chill before serving.
NotesGreat with bratwurst or any kind of grilled sausage. It is a _beautiful_ bright red color.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More