- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- whole chicken, cut up (go free range if you can)
- 1.Combine vinegar, oil, garlic, paprika, and salt in a resealable plastic bag or coverable dish
- 2. Make sure every piece is well coated. Seal bag/cover dish and refrigerate at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- 3. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- 4. a. If you grill, place chicken, skin side down, on grill. Grill about 15 minutes. Flip chicken, grill another 20 or so until done. (if you don't grill...)
- 4. b. I pan seared the chicken (skin side down, a little olive oil sprayed to coat pan) in a cast iron pan for 15 minutes. Then put it in a pre-heated 400degree (F) oven for another 30min.
NotesI varied a Martha Stewart recipe. Here's the original... http://www.marthastewart.com/342173/smoky-grilled-butterflied-chicken I'm sure it's good. This is also good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More