- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- whole chicken, cut up (go free range if you can)
- 1.Combine vinegar, oil, garlic, paprika, and salt in a resealable plastic bag or coverable dish
- 2. Make sure every piece is well coated. Seal bag/cover dish and refrigerate at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- 3. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- 4. a. If you grill, place chicken, skin side down, on grill. Grill about 15 minutes. Flip chicken, grill another 20 or so until done. (if you don't grill...)
- 4. b. I pan seared the chicken (skin side down, a little olive oil sprayed to coat pan) in a cast iron pan for 15 minutes. Then put it in a pre-heated 400degree (F) oven for another 30min.
NotesI varied a Martha Stewart recipe. Here's the original... http://www.marthastewart.com/342173/smoky-grilled-butterflied-chicken I'm sure it's good. This is also good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More