- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, about 1 inch thick, trimmed
- 3/4 t salt, divided
- 1/2 t smoked paprika (pimenton)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 t fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 c prepared BBQ sauce
- 1. Sprinkle chops on both sides with 1/2 t salt, paprika and pepper; set aside.
- 2. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, thyme and remaining salt; cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Transfer onions to serving bowl.
- Add chops to skillet; cook over medium-high heat to brown each side, about 5 minutes; lower heat to medium.
- Cover; cook until almost cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Brush BBQ sauce over each chop; turn and brush the other side.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Serve with onions on the side.
- 336 calories, 22 g fat, 5 g carb, 28 g protien, 90 mg cholesterol, 666 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 59% calories from fat.
- -Chicago Tribune
NotesThis is a great week night alternative to chicken. Little prep or cook time involved. One pan cooking. I spread the onions on a serving platter, top with the pork chops, drizzle with a little more of the BBQ sauce, garnish with a thyme sprig, and I'm done. Fresh green salad on the side.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Classic Chocolate Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More