PAPRIKA PORK CHOPS WITH BBQ GLAZE AND SWEET ONIONS
Paprika Pork Chops With Bbq Glaze And Sweet Onions
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, about 1 inch thick, trimmed
- 3/4 t salt, divided
- 1/2 t smoked paprika (pimenton)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 t fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 c prepared BBQ sauce
1. Sprinkle chops on both sides with 1/2 t salt, paprika and pepper; set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
Add onions, thyme and remaining salt; cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
3. Transfer onions to serving bowl.
Add chops to skillet; cook over medium-high heat to brown each side, about 5 minutes; lower heat to medium.
Cover; cook until almost cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Brush BBQ sauce over each chop; turn and brush the other side.
Cook 1 minute.
Serve with onions on the side.
336 calories, 22 g fat, 5 g carb, 28 g protien, 90 mg cholesterol, 666 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 59% calories from fat.